The Greater Red River Apartment Association recognizes the vital role of its members in the housing industry, and acknowledges its responsibility to provide the highest possible standards of quality and service to multi-housing owners and residents in the Fargo–Moorhead and surrounding areas. Therefore, all members of the Greater Red River Apartment Association commit themselves to these ethical principles and standards.
- We will strive to attain the highest level of professionalism in ownership, management, and sale of multi-housing properties.
- We will not deny equal housing opportunity, nor discriminate with regard to sales, services, rents, or fees because of any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, or disability.
- We will qualify prospective owners and residents only by objective evidence (obtained by lawful means) of their willingness and ability to meet their obligations and to abide by rules related to habitation and other residents’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
- We will do our best to ensure that every residence we offer for rent or sale is in good repair and fit for the housing needs of our residents. In maintenance of our properties, we will meet or exceed all applicable health and safety laws.
- We will consider our residents to be valued business customers. We pledge to do our best to respond to residents’ and owners’ just complaints and resolve their valid grievances.
- As regards to rental property, we will return security deposits with interest within the legal time or promptly furnish the residents specific reasons for our withholding of the deposit. We will withhold only the amount necessary to remedy rental default or to rectify resident’s failure to perform their required obligations.
- We pledge to diligently adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing housing.