General membership is for a firm or individual that owns or manages rental property. Cost includes membership for the local, state, and national apartment associations. The membership term runs January through December each year. If you are joining after January your dues will need to be prorated.
- For owners/managers who manage 150 or fewer units: $225/year
- For owners/managers who manage 151 or more units: $450/year
- For vendors/advertisers: $250/year
Benefits of General Membership
Become part of the extensive local, state, and federal lobbying network that the Association provides:
- Access standard forms for use by members only. Forms available for purchase include:
- Rental applications
- Lease agreements
- Attend regular member meetings for education by various speakers on housing related topics. Meetings are typically on the second Thursday of each month.
- Educate your staff at various seminars provided by the GRRAA throughout the year.
- Be part of the Annual North Dakota Apartment Association State Convention, and take advantage of great educational seminars from local and national speakers. Conventions are hosted every March by alternating local associations in ND.
- Enjoy membership in the North Dakota Apartment Association, and receive their quarterly newsletter, Happenings.
- Also, enjoy membership in the National Apartment Association and the monthly magazine, UNITS to stay informed on national trends and changes to the industry. Also enjoy a discounted rate on attendance at the Annual National Convention hosted by various cities across the country every June.
Associate membership is for a firm or group which serve the rental property industry. The cost is $250.00 per year. The membership term runs January to December each year. If you are joining after January your dues will need to be prorated.
Benefits to Associate Membership
- Access the GRRAA membership list
- Access the NDAA membership list
- Opportunity to market your products and services at monthly general meeting
- You can attend the regular member meetings to network
- Your company's logo and contact information will be displayed on our website
Code of Ethics
The Greater Red River Apartment Association recognizes the vital role of its members in the housing industry, and acknowledges its responsibility to provide the highest possible standards of quality and service to multi-housing owners and residents in the Fargo–Moorhead and surrounding areas. Therefore, all members of the Greater Red River Apartment Association commit themselves to these ethical principles and standards.
- We will strive to attain the highest level of professionalism in ownership, management, and sale of multi-housing properties.
- We will not deny equal housing opportunity, nor discriminate with regard to sales, services, rents, or fees because of any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, or disability.
- We will qualify prospective owners and residents only by objective evidence (obtained by lawful means) of their willingness and ability to meet their obligations and to abide by rules related to habitation and other residents’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
- We will do our best to ensure that every residence we offer for rent or sale is in good repair and fit for the housing needs of our residents. In maintenance of our properties, we will meet or exceed all applicable health and safety laws.
- We will consider our residents to be valued business customers. We pledge to do our best to respond to residents’ and owners’ just complaints and resolve their valid grievances.
- As regards to rental property, we will return security deposits with interest within the legal time or promptly furnish the residents specific reasons for our withholding of the deposit. We will withhold only the amount necessary to remedy rental default or to rectify resident’s failure to perform their required obligations.
- We pledge to diligently adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing housing.